Back in 2013, the Los Angeles Superior Court began handling unlawful detainer cases in only 5 “hub” courts. Beginning on January 5, 2015, the Los Angeles Superior Court will extend the number of courthouses hearing unlawful detainer cases to 7. The courts will be:
1. Norwalk Courthouse, 12720 Norwalk Blvd., Norwalk, 90650 (New)
2. Van Nuys Courthouse, 6230 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, 91401 (New)
3. Long Beach Courthouse, 275 Magnolia, Long Beach, 90802
4. Michael D. Antonovich (Antelope Valley) Courthouse, 42011 Fourth Street West, Lancaster, 93534
5. Pasadena Courthouse, 300 East Walnut, Pasadena, 91101
6. Santa Monica Courthouse, 1725 Main St., Santa Monica, 90401
7. Stanley Mosk Courthouse, 111 N. Hill St., Los Angeles, 90012
The court location where your case will be heard depends on the zip code of the property. Click the below link to view the official Los Angeles Superior Court notice regarding the 7 unlawful detainer court locations.
Need help with an eviction in Southern California? Contact the Law Office of David Piotrowski today. Start the process of removing your bad tenant.
Read Attorney Piotrowski’s landlord book: “California Landlord Best Practices and Eviction Overview: An Easy-to-Read Guide Outlining Best Practices for California Landlords Plus a Summary of the Eviction Process.“