We represent landlords needing to evict tenants who have failed to pay their rent or who are violating terms of the rental agreement. More...

Tariffs and Forms.

We create a custom tariff for interstate household goods moving companies needing to publish their tariff. We also create custom templates of the Bill of Lading, Order for Service, Estimate, Inventory, and other forms. More...

Estate Planning.

Proper estate planning is critical to protect your assets, friends, and family. Let us prepare your estate planning documents including a Will, Power of Attorney, and Trust. More...
LiveZilla Live Chat Software

Search This Site

Free Consultation

Today's Date:

First Name:

Last Name:



Additional Phone:

Best method to contact you:

This case is best described as:

If this is a landlord/tenant issue, what city is the property located in?

Why you are seeking legal assistance?

Additional comments:

How did you hear about us?

“Attorney Piotrowski listened to my needs.  His knowledge of the law and helpful guidance helped me achieve the results I wanted.”

Interstate Operating Authority

We represent landlords throughout the eviction process in Southern California and San Francisco.
Evictions in Santa Clarita and the San Gabriel Valley.  The Law Office of David Piotrowski assists landlords with evictions and landlord / tenant matters throughout Southern California.
Household Goods Movers.
Get your USDOT and MC number, publish your tariff, and create your interstate household goods contracts.
Tariff Publishing.  The Law Office of David Piotrowski creates custom tariffs for interstate household goods moving companies.
Estate Planning (Wills/Trusts).
Proper estate planning is critical.  Let us prepare your Will, Revocable Trust, and Power of Attorney.
Moving Company Forms.  The Law Office of David Piotrowski creates custom form templates for documents such as the Bill of Lading, Order for Service, Estimate, and Inventory.

Receive a free, no-obligation consultation today by filling out the form on the left side of this page, or by calling (877) 875-6958.

Get Your Household Goods Moving License


If you want to open your own moving company and you want to transport household goods between two or more states, you will need to obtain a license by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).  This firm assists you in obtaining your household goods interstate DOT license for $650 if you submit your details and pay online, or $750 if you need assistance over the phone.  This covers the application fee that the USDOT charges, the fee for your BOC-3, and our fee.  Whether you pay online or require telephone assistance, in most cases, your DOT number will be provided to you within one (1) business day.


Before you begin operating your interstate moving business, you must obtain operating authority from the USDOT, get your USDOT and MC number, file your BOC-3, and obtain and file adequate insurance.  This firm handles everything except for the insurance.  Upon request, the firm can assist you with contacting insurance companies.


Order Online vs. Telephone Assistance


Completed Online Completed With Telephone Assistance
Get DOT number within 24 hours* Get DOT number within 24 hours*
BOC Filed and Submitted BOC Filed and Submitted
Automated Process (complete online form) Manual Process with Telephone Support
$675.00 $750.00
Contact the firm.


* In most cases.


In addition to your USDOT number, MC number, and BOC-3 filing (all of which this firm will do for you), you will also need to obtain adequate levels of insurance.  This firm can assist and guide you through the process, and can complete and submit most of the documentation for you.


The automated process is for prospective interstate moving companies only.  If you want to start a broker business, contact the firm for details.


We are able to assist both carriers (the moving company that transports the goods) and brokers (the company that arranges for the transportation of goods).


Contact us today for more information.


(Note: If you want to transport goods within a single state, you might need a license from a state agency.  This firm assists companies and individuals with their interstate operating authority only.)


Most Recent Household Goods Blog Posts - View Blog


Quick Links


Get a Tariff - Learn more about the EZ-Tariff and Advanced-Tariff solutions.


Operating Authority - Need to get your interstate moving license from the FMCSA (DOT)?   We offer operating authority assistance and in many cases can get your USDOT number within 24 hours.


Forms - Need a custom Bill of Lading, Order for Service, Estimate, or other form created for your company?  We offer form creation and customization services for moving companies at reasonable rates.


Claims Management - Would you like to outsource your moving company claims to a transportation attorney?  We offer claims management packages.


Household Goods Blog - Stay current with the law and learn about interstate household goods regulations by reading the "Ship My Goods" blog published by the firm (this will open in a new window).


Home - Return to the firm's home page.


Please complete our pre-client survey. If you complete the survey and decide to have our firm assist you with your legal needs, we will provide with a $25.00 discount off of legal services rendered.   The survey should take less than 2 minutes to complete.



In General


David Piotrowski is a certified claims analyst, having successfully completed the American Moving and Storage Association's (AMSA) claims and arbitration program. In addition, Mr. Piotrowski is a member of the Transportation Lawyers Association, whose members include prominent transportation lawyers from throughout the country. Mr. Piotrowski is uniquely positioned to handle your transportation law matters as they pertain to the household goods moving industry.

Transportation Lawyer -- AMSA Certified Claims Analyst
Transportation Lawyer -- AMSA Certified Claims Analyst

Contact Information

Phone: (877) 875-6958
Fax: (877) 870-6910
515 S. Flower St.
36th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

About the Firm

Social Media