Valencia, California Estate Planning Attorney
Acquire peace of mind knowing your wishes will be carried out!
Through our Valencia estate planning services, you can determine:
- How and by whom your assets will be managed for your benefit during your lifetime if you ever become unable to manage them yourself.
- When and under what circumstances it makes sense to distribute your assets during your lifetime.
- How and to whom your assets will be distributed after your death.
- How and by whom your personal care will be managed and how health care decisions will be made during your lifetime if you become unable to care for yourself.
Please note: We do NOT handle probate matters or trust administration / litigitation.
Proper Valencia and Santa Clarita estate planning is much more than simply creating a Will. It is a system designed to assist and protect you and your assets during and after your lifetime. Everyone can benefit from Valencia estate planning, regardless of the size of your estate. If your estate is small, you may want to focus on who will receive your assets after your death and who should manage your estate. If your estate is large, you can preserve your assets and reduce the amount of taxes that are paid.
Regardless of your estate size, if you fail to act now to create a proper Valencia estate plan, then a default set of laws called "intestate succession" will apply after your death and your assets will be distributed to your heirs if you have any, otherwise the state of California will receive your assets.
A typical Valencia estate planning packing will include some or all of the following:
- A Will
- A Living Revocable Trust
- A Power of Attorney for Healthcare
- A Power of Attorney for Asset Management
- Supporting letters and documents for the above
Proper estate planning makes a huge difference in terms of probate avoidance, taxes, asset management, and caring for your minor children.
It is important to discuss with your lawyer on what Valencia estate planning documents you decide to create, how you determine to hold title to your assets (as separate property, joint tenancy, community property, etc.), and how you decide to distribute and manage your assets during and after your lifetime.
Give us a call at (877) 875-6958 to get started.