Apply for Interstate Household Goods Moving Authority

Are You Ready to Apply for Household Goods Authority to Get Your USDOT and MC Numbers?

If you want to open your own moving company and you want to transport household goods between two or more states, you will need to obtain a license issued by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).  This firm assists you in obtaining your household goods interstate DOT license.

Before you begin operating your interstate moving business, you must obtain operating authority from the USDOT, get your USDOT and MC number, file your BOC-3, and obtain and file adequate insurance.  This firm handles everything except for the insurance.  Upon request, the firm can assist you with contacting insurance companies.

To get started, we will send a questionnaire form for you to fill out with your company details. We will then submit the application on your behalf to the USDOT. We can usually get your USDOT and MC number within 1 business day, but your license will not be active and you will not be able to begin operations until you receive approval from the USDOT. The time it takes for your authority to be granted depends on current processing times and whether or not the USDOT has any follow up questions regarding the application.

Give us a call at (877) 875-6958 to get started.

Read and follow our household goods tariff publishing blog. Be sure to follow the Law Office of David Piotrowski on Facebook for lots of helpful moving company tips and information related to interstate household goods tariff publishing. 

Need Help?

Law Office of David Piotrowski - Landlord Attorney
Scroll to Top