Los Angeles unlawful detainers now have additional requirements. The new rules took effect in July 2013, but enough landlords ask me about them that I decided to post the actual rules in this blog post. These Los Angeles eviction rules place additional burdens on the landlord.
Highlights of the changes include:
- Landlords are required to serve a copy of the general order on the tenant.
- Within 10 days after service, landlords are obligated to contact the tenant in an attempt to settle the case.
- Parties must bring their own interpreters if needed.
- Court reporters will not be provided by the court.
- Additional requirements for jury trials.
The text of the order is posted below.
Need help with an eviction in Southern California? Contact the Law Office of David Piotrowski today. Start the process of removing your bad tenant.
Read Attorney Piotrowski’s landlord book: “California Landlord Best Practices and Eviction Overview: An Easy-to-Read Guide Outlining Best Practices for California Landlords Plus a Summary of the Eviction Process.“