Moving Company Disputes


If a moving company loses or damages household goods items during an interstate move, the shipper should file a claim with the moving company.  If the claim cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of the parties, then the shipper has the option to seek arbitration or go to court.  Here’s a brochure created by the FMCSA government agency discussing what happens if a shipper has a dispute with a moving company.

To view other household goods blog posts, click here.

The Law Office of David Piotrowski can assist moving companies with obtaining their operating authoritycreating a tariff, and creating a custom Bill of Lading and other documents.

This entry was posted in HHG and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply