California Landlord Unbundled Services
Sometimes, a landlord does not want full representation, but simply wants an attorney to review a lease document, advise on a specific course of action, create a termination notice (such as a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit), or draft a court document. Rather than full-service representation where we are your attorney of record on the case, we can assist the “do-it-yourself” type of landlord will unbundled legal services that provide the landlord with the peace of mind knowing that an experienced attorney reviewed or helped with the documentation. Think of this service as somewhere in the middle between the landlord doing everything without help (which could lead to many problems down the road!), to having full representation on your eviction case. With the unbundled legal services option, the landlord pays for a limited service. Some examples of what we provide, along with pricing, is discussed below.
If you would like to order any of these unbundled services, please first schedule a consultation with us to discuss and to confirm the best service for you.
- Draft Initial Unlawful Detainer Documents (Summons, Complaint, Cover Sheet, Addendum). We draft your initial unlawful detainer court paperwork. You file it in court and represent yourself (up to 2 hours of time). $750.
- 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit [link to blog article]. We draft the 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit. This is the first legally required document to demand the tenant pay the rent that they owe you, or move out of the property. This must be done BEFORE you file the unlawful detainer court case. We create the notice for you, and then you have it served. $200.
- 3 Day Notice to Cure or Quit [link to blog article]. This is used if your tenant is violating the term of the rental agreement (such as smoking when the lease says no smoking). This form must be used BEFORE filing the unlawful detainer court case. We create the notice for you, and then you have it served. $200.
- 3 Day Notice to Quit [link to blog article]. Is your tenant assigning or subleasing without your permission? Is your tenant damaging the property or causing a nuisance? Is your tenant participating in verifiable illegal activities at the property? Serve the tenant with a 3 day notice to quit. This form must be used BEFORE filing the unlawful detainer court case. We create the notice for you, and then you have it served. $200.
- 30/60 Day Notice to Terminate Tenancy [link to blog article]. This form may be used to terminate a month-to-month tenancy. 30 day notice is required for a tenancy of less than a year. 60 day notice is required for a tenancy of a year or more. We create the form, and you serve it on your tenant. $200.
- Attorney Fee Provision [link to blog article]. Landlords should remove or greatly minimize the attorney fee provision in their rental agreements. We create the form, and you serve it on your tenant. $200.
- Review Lease. We review your lease and provide you with suggestions and recommendations (up to 30 minutes of time). $175.
- Default Judgment Request for Possession [link to blog article]. We draft the request for default judgment and judgment, then you file it at the courthouse. $300.
- Writ of Possession [link to blog article]. We will draft your application for Writ and the Writ of Possession. You would then file it with the court with the appropriate filing fee. $300.
- Monthly Legal Plan for Landlords. Did you know we offer a monthly legal service plan for landlords? With this plan, you have access to our entire landlord/tenant form library, plus easy access to a landlord attorney at your fingertips. You also receive a 5% discount on attorney fees.